Need some guidance as in what category should I post?

Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection.

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in education and feel I could help with documentation; at least for starters.

As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also in what category should be taken depends on what factors?

Thankyou in advance.

Hi Zach, and welcome to the community!

You pretty much can see that the most active categories fall into either “Ask the Community” and “Feature Request.” There are quite a few posts that defy any categorizations (because they are so limited here), such as this post of yours.

I would say, try your best, and other people will help put your posts in the most fitting categories.

1 Like

@tysonzachh Welcome!

Bitwarden currently has 4 different products:

• Bitwarden Password Manager
  • Bitwarden Secrets Manager
  • Bitwarden Authenticator
  • Passwordless.dev

Obviously, you should choose a forum category that corresponds to the specific Bitwarden product that you wish to discuss.

For each product, there is an Ask to Community forum and a Feature Request forum. The Feature Request fora are for proposing specific new or improved functionality of the various available software products. For everything else, use the Ask to Community forum.

If you have posted in the wrong forum, an mod will usually move your post.

Edited to Add: Also, I would suggest refraining from posting any further “generic” posts or threads with no technical questions or comments. The forum is for solving user’s technical issues with the products and answering questions about the products, or for proposing specific new product features. It is not really to be used for chit-chat.

1 Like

Thanks mate for sharing these insights as I was looking for this one only also I will keep in mind about that technical category one.

I am surely gonna bookmark this one and looking forward for more such discussions.