Need consistent User Interface in Browser Extension: "browser on site (in logins)" vs. "searched site"

Thank you for your post!

Feature name

Site Item Consistent UI

Feature function

This is for app:browser

Right now when you are on a website in your browser and click on the Bitwarden browser plug-in (I’m in Firefox), you get a list of site entries. The UI names this list “Logins”. Each row in this “Logins” list has a set of UI behaviors (from left to right across the visual row):

• Click on name: Auto-fill login
  • Icon1: View Item
  • Icon2: Copy Username
  • Icon3: Copy Password
  • Icon4: Copy Verification Code

In contrast, when you type in a site name in the search field of the browser extension, you also get a list of sites, and each entry in the search results list has the following set of UI behaviors (from left to right across the visual row):

• Click on name: View Item
  • Icon1: Launch
  • Icon2: Copy Username
  • Icon3: Copy Password
  • Icon4: Copy Verification Code

THE MAIN IDEA: If you look at the UI for each item above, depending on if you are already on the site, or if you search for the site, the first two UI controls are swapped. This is very confusing.
If you are already on the site, clicking on the name “auto-fills” which is roughly equivalent to “Launch” on the item in a search list. But if you are in the search list, clicking on the name is “View Item”. The opposite is true for the first icon to the right of the name. If you are on the site, the first icon is “View Item”, if you are viewing an item in the search list, the first icon to the right of the name is “Launch”.

This swapping always confuses me, I am always clicking on the wrong thing because sometimes I’m accessing an item from Search, and sometimes because I’m already on the page. I’m always launching when I want to view the item or vice-versa.

Could you please make the UI for each list item the same between “Search” and “Logins”?

The benefits would be no more user interface friction, and a much happier user experience because of the new consistency.