My Web Vault is Empty but 3000 items shown on iOS and in FF extension

Yesterday my Web Vault still showed 3000+ items, but today it is empty on Firefox and on Chrome (macOS Mojave).

There are no items to list.

The 3000+ items are still shown on iOS and in the Firefox extension.

I double-checked, that I’m using the same account. I did not change the Master Password.

Is there a problem with the Web Vault right now?

Other troubleshooting steps I tried:

• deleted bitwarden cookies
  • disabled uBlock Origin adblocker
  • connected with a VPN, in case there are any filtering or DNS problems

None of these changes made My Vault visible. It is still empty on FF and Chrome.

I’m not sure it helps, because I don’t use chrome, but I had the same issue on firefox this morning, which was also conflated with a profile mess (maybe due to firefox recently switching to a separate profile per ff edition?). In any case, I ended up switching to a new profile, and my vault items are back, as well as in the extension. Maybe try to clear localstorage on top of cookies? I have no evidence it would help, it’s just a guess.

I’ve encounted something similar where the Android app shows zero items, but the web vault, desktop app, and extensions show everything normally.

I fixed the issue by logging out of the Android app and logging in again.

I am having this issue now only on Firefox. It might also be a Firefox profile issue, as it isn’t happening on Safari or the web vault. I’m going to try the suggestion of creating a new profile.

I have a similar case. My heart skipped a beat after logging into the Firefox (79.0 (64-bit)) plugin only to find it empty. After several rounds logging in/out with the same result, I checked this forum and found some reassurance all is not lost and after installing the desktop app. found my account is intact - phew!
Hope the FF plugin gets sorted soon as both are my primary tools.

Bitwarden is a great program I don’t hesitate to recommend.

You might want to invest some time into creating a backup. So even IF one day the vault is damaged/empty/whatever you still would have your data because of the last backup you created just days before doomsday.