More than one TOTP per item

This is also relevant when using LDAP/AD with 2FA:
I have one login item for my Active Directory account with a URL entry for every app that uses LDAP as auth backend.
Currently it’s only possible to store one TOTP in this password item, although every linked app provides its own 2FA token.

Since the AD credentials are currently used for about 10 apps (wordpress, jitsi, mediawiki, gitlab, netbox and so on), I would rather not create separate login items for every app - updating those would become pretty annoying. Also, the duplicate password finder would report those entries although they are actually the same account.
Creating login items with only TOTP and URL fields filled does not work conveniently - the generated token is not automatically copied to the clipboard since the login credentials were filled from another login item without a TOTP entry.

I think the best way to rework this would be to make it possible to provide multiple TOTP entries item-wide as well as URL-specific.
When a URL-specific TOTP and an item-wide TOTP are found, then the URL-specific should obviously be preferred if the URL is matching.

That way, @Blobby could define a general TOTP for the login item and the second one for the withdraws/desposits URL(s) and still have bitwarden autofill them correctly.
Same goes for my several LDAP backed apps.

4 Likes