Mobile View For Web Vault (responsive)

Feature name

• Mobile View For Web Vault

Feature function

Presently, the bitwarden web vault vault.bitwarden.com does not support mobile devices. The site is basically a desktop site. I find it hard to copy passwords from my 4.4.4 android device. The app is no longer supported on KitKat.

Maybe making a PWA version will help.

1 Like

This would be an “easy” alternative to making and maintaining a mobile app for alternative mobile OSes.

1 Like

Not supported for mobile, desktop only. Very shallow, inconvenient to use.

After you posted this, I just checked my Android phone—and there is, in fact, a Send feature available.

Granted I’m signed up for the beta, and I don’t have anything using iOS. But there definitely is support for mobile.

1 Like

You made this a feature request: So what is your request ?

I checked, it turns out not only the page vault.bitwarden.com/#/send/************************, but all the pages of vault.bitwarden.com / ************* not adapted for mobile, in particular for Safari ios. My request is to adapt them for mobile browsers.
Sorry for my bad english

Oohhhh… Send while using the web vault (actually the web vault in general) isn’t working well for you on mobile. EDIT: Yeah, I just checked. I can see your issue with it.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the Bitwarden for iOS app?

Of course, I have it installed. The problem was just discovered when I started using the link generated by the SEND function. This link can only be accessed from the browser.

1 Like

@Srg thanks for the suggestion! I’ve edited the topic name to align with the request.

Yes, that’s a problem. Can you read something here without increasing? I can’t be okay.

1 Like

+1 for this. I realise older devices aren’t a priority, however responsiveness should, surely?

I would love to see the web vault as a PWA. The web vault is difficult to read on mobile.

I believe the following request should be merged with this one, as well:

Making the website into a PWA would be a great way to make the web vault mobile friendly, as mentioned in the OP.

Making the web vault as a PWA would not only improve usability, it would also give an installation option for those on low-end mobile devices and Chromebooks.

A PWA would also give premium users better access to the provided tools, something I believe is not even available directly in the Android mobile app.

As an example of what I mean when I say PWA, visit https://twitter.com on an android device using Google Chrome. You are presented with an easy to read page, and given an option to install the PWA.

1 Like

I highly recommend implementing this. Our company doesnt want to make the app available, but openining it in the web browser would be a great alternative!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! A responsive web vault experience is in the works :+1: and we will update with more details as they become available.

3 Likes

What does the archive tag mean in this thread?

Threads that are inactive for a long time are moved to the archive category until replied to, and then moved back to the main feature request category.

Just would like to bump some attention to this. MS Edge has a new feature called sidebar. It opens up apps in mobile view. If you can optimize the layout of the web page to this mobile responsible form, it would be great.