Local Password manager

Keepass, KeepassXC, and Password safe are local password managers that still get active updates.

What you said is very interesting. Can you help me?

1. One question, what is the difference between KeepassXC, Keepass and Password Safe?
  2. Where can I find technical information about the difference between these local password managers: KeepassXC, Keepass and Password Safe?
  • ps 1: I refer here to KeepPass as an example, not as an alternative to Bitwarden. The reason for this, is that this issue is related to a feature that Bitwarden does not have.
  • ps 2: Generally, self-hosted srvidor works offline and on a local network.
  1. Maybe it would be nice to have bitwarden locally as keepass instead of a self-hosted version. This first option could be interesting for people who want an alternative to Keepass or want bitwarden to work offline like Keepass.
  2. We add bitwarden as a plugin for Keepass. For example, there are feature requests to add bitwarden as a plugin for Keepass. This is interesting because in theory you could use keepass locally but with a self-hosted bitwarden cloud sync or the cloud version: Integrate Keepass with Bitwarden
  • I am not recommending Keepass or any password manager. I’m talking about features that could be implemented or discussed in Bitwarden.
  • I really enjoy the Bitwarden community and would love to contribute a lot with some ideas for the Bitwarden tool too. In this regard, I do not intend to infringe on any trademark or content rights of the Bitwarden community and the Bitwarden company.
  • When I mention Keepass or any password manager it is to reference certain features or functionality. For example, as far as I know only Keepass is a local password manager.
  • One interesting thing I thought would be that maybe this technical discussion is also included in android or not. For example, there might be users who download the bitwarden app and want it to work offline. This offline option could be optional in the android app or desktop version.