Linux Fingerprint and/or Biometric support

+1 Fingerprint Reader Web Extension | A Web Extension to integrate web applications with fingerprint readers. This might help.

1 Like

Adding my vote for this feature

2 Likes

+1 for this feature.

3 Likes

+1
Really hope to this feature soon.

2 Likes

I also created account to vote for this feature. It would be great experience to can unlock vault with fingerprint, to confirm sudo with fingerprint, and to unlock notebook also with fingerprint. Linux requires password very often, and it is great relief for user to just use fingerprint – with similar level of security. It sounds for me like a dream :smiley:

1 Like

Another vote from me! I use libfprint fingerprint authorization for login and everything else already, using it for Bitwarden too would be ideal.

4 Likes

i just wondered why this isn’t a thing already. Here is my vote

2 Likes

While I am happily supporting the project without this, I think it would be a huge overall QoL improvement.

2 Likes

For me it’s crucial.
Without that I can not move from iOS/MacOs to Android/Linux. I preffer not Apple way.

1 Like

If it will be implemented, next step for me is to use payed version because it have all I needed.

1 Like

Works on Android, but yes, Linux support would be really nice!

1 Like

I support this one too!

2 Likes

Just signed up this forum to say that I support this feature, too. I am using libfprintf and Howdy (IR Facial Recognition) and would love to be finally able to 1:1 replace my former Windows Desktop.

4 Likes

Also signed up to just say that I’d gladly buy premium and convince my whole family to use Bitwarden if biometrics were available on Linux.

3 Likes

+1 here as well. Would be super awesome with libfprint integration!

3 Likes

+1, one of your competitors that I use in parallel, 1password, has biometrics integration in Linux. Would be super happy to have it in Bitwarden as well.

3 Likes

Kind of a must for us cross-platformers. I finally bit the bullet and started using a password vault. Even went and bought a finger print scanner (I’d seen reference to biometrics in Bitwarden) which works great with Ubuntu 22 unlock/login. Super easy to set up.

Unfortunately, I just learned that it is not supported yet in Bitwarden.

So, +∞ for this feature! Thanks!

2 Likes

We absolutely require fingerprint auth! Please implement libfprint support!

2 Likes

I wonder if an extension of the password less login solution recently introduced for the web vault would be a platform independent solution.

Unlock of the browser extension or the linux app by a prompt on the mobile which already uses biometric unlock.

1 Like

Another +1 man.
I was excited to finally upgrade to a laptop with fingerprint reader support, and its truly great for login, but no password management with it was a serious bummer. Sticking with Bitwarden, but its a mark against it.

1 Like