Large text option for displaying field contents

Large Text display option

• for some fields, when toggling the view, having the option to display a clear, large text, version of the entry is useful. For example, transcribing a long password from phone to computer requires setting the phone down. Ideally, the font would be clear, mono-space, and easily read at a minor distance.

Feature function

The feature’s main use is an UI enhancement. Allowing the user to read an entry full nearly full screen. This would work in both portrait and landscape mode.

The view should be closable on tap or swipe.

1 Like

This is a really big UX oversight and I have no idea how this request seems to have gone completely unnoticed. I have a friend who uses OnePassword, and it displays passwords at a much larger font than the rest of the UI. (Not really sure if OnePassword lets you customize it, but that’s kinda irrelevant compared to the major issue of transcribing a password currently being super unpleasant with Bitwarden). Is the development team aware this is an issue? I’d at least feel a lot more comfortable if we had confirmation that we can be heard.

(I can only personally confirm that this is an issue on iOS by the way, not sure about Android. I’ve heard it suggested by community members that you can just set your system-wide fonts to be larger, but that’s a non-starter for what I hope are obvious reasons)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, will definitely bring this up with the team!

1 Like

Appreciate it. It’s a specific user experience, and one I do want occasionally, usually when setting up a new computer, or using one I don’t fully control and have to log in to something.

Bypassing with a system font change isn’t a good UX.

1 Like