Is there any security or privacy issue with the bitwarden web vault retrieving site icons?

On a related note I am fairly new to BW and in the process of migrating from 1PW. I was looking into the website icons use today and the references (in the FAQ info) about privacy concerns:

We understand that certain privacy-minded users may not want to use website icons. We provide the option to disable website icons on all Bitwarden client applications by turning off the following option…

Is there any option to manually load your own icons? This is a feature 1PW has had for some time allowing you to use any image to create a logo for a vault entry. In addition to allowing greater user customisation (which can help identify entries) this also eliminates the need for BW to ping external addresses to get the icons, thereby largely alleviating the privacy concerns expressed above? If not currently possible is there any technical reason why BW could not be modified to do this (or should not be for security reasons)? [aside from the identified exposed cache situation @Gaurav has already raised above which already exists.]

(P.S. This was a function I found especially useful while using 1PW the last couple of years…)

EDIT: I have subsequently discovered (and as is typically the case, only shortly after posting this, via a vaguely related post) the 2018 Feature Request: Custom icons for items and folders/collections - so take it from this that it is not currently possible in BW…