Is there an easy way to change every password stored in the vault?

After the Lastpass breach, I switched to bitwarden and am now looking for a practical way to change my almost 700 saved passwords without losing track of them.

Can I somehow mark the passwords as changed so that I can see via a filter which ones I still have to change? I would want to spend 1 hour every day so it will take several days / weeks.

Welcome to the community.

I don’t know of a way to do that, perhaps do one folder each day? Not sure how you have things organized.

You might be able to use the CLI to find unchanged passwords. I found this in an old post, but I can’t confirm it actually works:

In the meantime I use a manual workaround to generate quick info on my “old passwords” with the CLI. Figured I’d share it here for reference in case it’s useful to anyone else.

Pre-requisites:
-BitWarden CLI installed and configured: https://help.bitwarden.com/article/cli/
-jq installed (example for Linux: sudo apt install jq)

I then just run this command:
bw list items | jq -r '.[] | "\(.login.passwordRevisionDate) \(.login.username) \(.name)"' | awk '$2!="null"' | sort -r | less

This will output all items from your BitWarden Vault and pipe the JSON data through jq to filter on the specific items of interest. You’ll be presented with a list of all your logins sorted by the first column that contains the password modified date. If this value equals “null” it means that you’ve never updated the password for that item after initially adding it to your vault. Otherwise all non-null items are sorted by their date value.

FYI: I use awk '$2!="null"' to filter out items from the vault that do not have a username (Identity, Bank Card, and Secure Notes) since I couldn’t find a way with BW CLI to only list Logins.

Thanks, I will look into that.