Is it possible to use Yubikey 5 NFC to sign in using u2f to Bitwarden Premium

Note: Your question may already be answered in the Bitwarden Help Center.

I am newly signed up to Bitwarden Premium and would like to use a Yubikey 5 NFC for two-step login using u2f.

I tried selecting FIDO2 WebAuthn to do register the Yubikey, but when I click the “Read Key” button, I get a pop up from Windows Hello asking me for my PIN. This will only accept my PIN (and not an input from the Yubikey button being pressed). After that, it says “Click the “Save” button below to enable this security key for two-step login.” without ever recording the input from the Yubikey. Surely this can’t be right?

I then tried registering the Yubikey from the Yubikey OTP Security Key> Manage button in the list of Providers. Going this route, it was a straightforward matter to register the input from the Yubikey. However, I have a bad feeling that this is just the Yubikey OTP, and not the Yubikey FIDO u2f that I am registering.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I got it! All I had to do was to dismiss the Windows Hello dialogue by hitting the x mark, and I was then able to register the Yubikey 5 NFC as my U2F WebAuth device. Working like a charm now! But that Windows Hello dialogue sure threw me earlier today…