Installation on premise

Hi all,
I’d like to install Bitwarden on premise (linux server) but I’m facing an issue with the certificates that are needed.
But before, let me explain what I’m willing to acheive. I want to setup a bitwarden server that is not connected to the internet, only accessible from my private network. I’d like to connect to this server with iOS apps or Windows apps when these devices are connected on my private network or through my own VPN when I’m away from home (I have a VPN server on my router to remotly access home devices).
So now, when I’m installing Bitwarden, If I install all without certificates, I cannot connect with the ios app. In fact, I can only connect through the web page.
I have to say that I’m far to well understand those story of certificates.
When I try to install and I go through Let’sencrypt to get a certificate, it cannot go to the end as there is no resolution of the challenge, I guess this is because I have no official URL.
Is there a way to achieve what I’m trying to do ?
thank you in advance

1 Like

Well,
I did continue to search for information and stuff on that problem.
I have tested by self certificate through Bitwarden installation, in fect, I have tested a lot of things but at the end, still the same answer for the iOS apps : cannot connect !
And even when I try to make certificate verified in iOS (or on my browser), I have style the same answer.
If somebody has a solution, you are more than welcome, I do not want to have to buy a domain, just to get an SSL certificate that will be verified…
Thanks in advance
Thierry

1 Like