✅ Inline autofill menu (formerly known as overlay popup interface)

I would really appreciate this feature. Is there any update?

4 Likes

Any update on this?

1 Like

Really usefull feature. Created account just to upvote this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t find the security issues, page bugs, and performance issues worth while for this feature. I’d push keyboard shortcuts more in the UI and train people how to not need this feature/fill forms even faster without it.

Yeh needed, but not as much as keyboard shortcuts. Not a MVP without keyboard shortcuts for the basic functions.

Lack of keyboard shortcut access to quickly copy Secure Notes is a dealbreaker.

I accept that the security history of password managers injecting themselves to the DOM is not great.

As a low effort alternative, I feel a major improvement to UX would be to make the current extension pop-up work with arrow keys immediately after opening. Currently you have to hit TAB three times before you start cycling through your logins. The selected entry should also be made more visible.

1 Like

Just switched, hope this is added soon.

2 Likes

I understand security concerns but even lastpass has the option to disable this, so I don’t get why that’s a concern, maybe focusing on compatibility of one option over the other I guess but imo the dropdown is the much harder when it comes to compatibility, so I don’t see that happening.

If you actually care about privacy and trust bit warden over other solutions such as lastpass or dashlane and maybe even want your friends and family to use it you should support this feature more than anything as average users would easily not use this over other solutions due to this alone. If you want to be blind like people who don’t give a crap about UI/UX and put privacy above all else than you don’t want open source projects like this to succeed against the competition.

It reminds me of caring more about encryption of program data at rest on someones PC over the likelihood of a keylogger or malware just stealing said data while decrypted in memory.

Having an optional instant login feature for Android apps (including in mobile browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Brave, etc) would be greatly appreciated…

Any traction on this request since it was created in 2018?

3 Likes

I have a WQHD monitor and the login fields are shown normally centered in the website.
So I have a very long distance for the eyes and also the mouse between the login field and the Bitwarden Toolbar button.
Having the controls inside the fields would increase the usability a lot!

1 Like

I’m currently trialling bitwarden, moving from 1Password, and would love to see this feature added as an option.

2 Likes

There are a few things that 1Password does that I like more than Bitwarden, and this is definitely one of them. I think it’s an easier sell for more computer illiterate people as well. It would be great as an optional feature.

3 Likes

Agreed with nearly everyone here, including that the security issues could be avoided if implemented correctly and that making it optional helps those who may have concerns.

I’m a bit surprised that, with this being one of your first requested features (originally #3 on GitHub), it has not yet been implemented. It’s probably the single feature that virtually every other popular password manager has that Bitwarden does not. It does save a lot of time, and in trying to migrate my older family members, they are lost without this feature.

Please, PLEASE look to implement this in the very near future. For those that may not have followed as closely, the original request for this was 10/1/2016.

Thanks!

1 Like

wow. implementing since 2016 ))))) come on, you can do it!

1 Like

Do it yourself and send a PR, it’s open source :wink:

didn’t ask for your advice.

Yes, this feature would be great

Created a new account so that I can add my support for this feature. It’s a nice feature add, now more than ever. With Chrome moving extensions behind a “puzzle piece extensions” menu, as well as the push for ChromeOS tablets, I am finding the current iteration of Bitwarden to be difficult to use. I want to use it on my ChromeOS tablet but it is just a tad bit too cumbersome compared to other options. Adding this overlay would solve my number one problem with Bitwarden currently.

1 Like

An issue with LastPass is that the clickable icon would always render over the “eye” icon that would reveal the password. While not a huge issue, it was still annoying.

I would very much like this to be an optional feature.

4 Likes

Me too. I don’t want to have such an icon in every login field. In 1Password sometimes the icon appeared above or under the field (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111224/extension-doesnt-ask-to-save-passwords-and-icon-often-is-not-in-the-field). Looks strange and it’s disturbing.

2 Likes