Improve UX for entering credit card details into websites

Feature name

Improve UX for entering credit card details into a website

Feature function

When entering credit card details into a website, most sites require the credit card number, expiration date, and a card security code.

Currently, the UX for using Bitwarden to enter these details into a website is less than ideal for sites with fields that Bitwarden does not auto-recognize (which is most sites, in my experience).

What I typically do is copy the credit card number into the clipboard and then do my best to momentarily memorize the expiration date and card security code. I then paste the credit card number into the website from the clipboard, and hope I can enter the other details accurately from memory, which often involves mentally adjusting the format for the date to match the format required by the website. If my busy brain gets anything wrong, I have to go back to Bitwarden to search for the credit card and look up the details again.

After performing these mental gymnastics, I then have to remember to go into my multi-clipboard utility to manually delete the credit credit number from its storage.

I think many Bitwarden users will benefit if we work together to improve the UX of this tedious and error-prone process.