Implement ssh-agent Protocol

I fully agree this feature is needed.

If this feature existed it would be a no-brainer over competitors.

I would love to see this in bitwarden!

I too would love to see this feature for not only my personal keys, but at work.

same here : please integrate ssh-keys into you product

Are there any new or plans to integrate SSH-Key in bitwarden ? it´s not possible to login to my Linux Server with a Username and Password. Only Key Auth based logins are supported. Still using KeepassXC for that case.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I save my private key in secure storage and uploaded my private subkey for auth, encryption, and signing to my yubikey where nothing can read from it but I can still use it.

Everyone who voted on this should vote on Implement ssh-agent Protocol

1 Like

Anyone opposed to me merging the threads for sanity? (votes will move, too)

3 Likes

I’d just like to add that implementing storage for multiple types of cryptographic keys could be nice. For example, I would want to store my PGP keys securely as well as my SSH keys.

3 Likes

+1 just moved over from lastpass for my personal usage (already use it for my team at work) and it’s the one feature I found myself missing.

+1

post must be at least 15 characters.

Yes please, this would make my day! :smiley:

+1

1 Like

+1

This is the least feature keeping me using KeePassXC

+1

I would also love the idea. Iam currently just storing my private keys as attachments.

+1 I would really love to see this feature in bitwarden

+1 Please implement this.

Maybe a separate app with a fork of this (with the repo owners permission and official support):

1 Like

Is ssh-agent Protocol have not been implemented yet?

Hi @Harper_Caelestis!

No further updates on this one just yet, but we are absolutely keeping this need (and some other related items) firmly on the radar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems that 1Password was faster…

Considering that GitHub now depends on ssh keys, I think there are significantly more devs wanting a simple solution to manage their keys.

6 Likes