How can I help improve the UI?

Feature name:

• UI refresh and consistency

Feature Description

• how can I help make Bitwarden a more aesthetic and consistent product and end-to-end experience?

Clients / Repos Affected:

• Web
  • Mobile
  • Desktop

Timeline to completion (estimate):

ETA: Q2/2022

I know you have some UI refresh in your backlog but what does it include? And does it align with your brand propose and position.

#tgreer, #UI, #UX

Hi @migo33!

Thanks for the post! We are working on updates that will start with icons, and then proceed to the web vault and then onto other clients.

cc @dflinn :partying_face:

1 Like

@migo33 Thank you for your interest in contributing! As Trey mentioned we are working on some UI updates and planning to provide a more consistent experience across clients.

That said, something that you could help with now, is providing consistency across our client Dark themes. Last year we release Dark theme for Web Vault which was created to align with our updated brand and to be WCAG 2.0 contrast compliant; now we are in the process of updating the Dark themes for Desktop and Mobile to match this revised look and feel. If you are interested in helping out with either of the themes mentioned above, let me know and I can reach out with additional details.

Thanks
I’ll get in touch once I finish my evaluation. At the moment while I enjoy the free account I find the overall experience quite frustrating especially around the web extensions, saving new and updated credentials and generating new passwords.
So there is quite a lot of UX here and logic that needs addressing before UI.

2 Likes