Give me a Reason

Keepass XC and Keepass DX are really good password managers. I really don’t know if I can convince you to switch. But here are some reasons.

• All credentials are synced across devices. Bitwarden clients are available on all major operating systems. In the case of Keepass, you have to search and find a suitable client for your OS or browser. It kind of sucks, as it requires some amount of research and time. All these clients are made by different developers. Also setting up synchronization for a Keepass database is also complex. Sometimes the database may even get corrupted. With Bitwarden, you really don’t have to worry about these things.

• You can easily share passwords with your family.

• Bitwarden app is really good. It is easy to use and the UI is good. There are no major bugs or issues.

• The web vault is also great and I think you will use it more than the desktop app.

• With the premium version, TOTP codes can be stored easily. This is a really convenient feature.

• The app is open source(yes, I know keepass is FOSS) and the community is active. Lot of people contribute to this project in someway. The Bitwarden team is friendly and you can get in touch with them very easily. If you face any issues, we or the team will help you out. Bitwarden also has a bug bounty program on Hackerone. The bitwarden subreddit is also very active.

• The clients are available in more than 40 languages, which I think is awesome.

• The help documentation is really good.

• Most importantly, you can self host Bitwarden if you want.

• Also, more and more features are being added to Bitwarden or will be added. Check out the roadmap

3 Likes