First impressions (beta version)

Okay I’m finally in the vault. I know that I had to push the login button and then verify was a human with the check mark, and then push the login button a second time. isn’t that odd.

I noticed at the bottom of the page there are the danger zone features. If they’re so dangerous I’d stick them in a menu where they’re safe from accidental finger touches. Even if they probably have confirm buttons on them.

By the way this page has plenty of white space on it but needs to be rotated to see the full message:

Okay I thought I would just like import my passwords from chrome to b i t w a r d e n. So okay I exported my passwords in Chrome and then shared it with bitwarden, and it ended up in a “Send”.
So perhaps you should detect the name Chrome passwords, and then realize that somebody’s trying to import their passwords. Sure I could poke around to see how to do it the proper way. I’m just saying that the first thing users might try is the improper way.

Okay, sure tools/import.

Okay now our task is to get the passwords out of chrome and into bit warden. The problem here in the Chrome cellphone app is the sharing has very limited possibilities. There is no simple just save to file choice. Here is the exact intent:
intent:#Intent;action=android.intent.action.SEND;type=text/csv;launchFlags=0x1b080000;S.android.intent.extra.SUBJECT=Chrome%20Passwords;end

Okay. B i t w a r d e n does indeed responded to that intent but it expects it to be a quote send item.

The tool/ import page expects we can hand it a file but sorry we can’t produce a file to hand it to. It’s sitting in “send”. Looks like we’re talking about an actual cut and paste job as the only way. Note I’m talking about trying to do this completely on a cell phone.

Okay amazingly I have gone through a different app to get the whole Chrome passwords into my clipboard. And then I pasted them into the tools / import page and it actually worked. I just want to say that on the tool / import page at the top there should be a count of exactly how many items there are following below it. And also there should be a little searcher bar cuz somebody might have 400 items that flow on and on.