Export folders

I just got a GDPR request to share the passwords I have for a client. I have to send these. My passwords are arranged in folders. So I just wanted to export that single folder. Either via the web interface or via the desktop client. Both only support exporting the entire vault in an unencrypted format. That’s not what I want as that might jeopardize other clients as their passwords will also be exported unencrypted - I then have to remove all those manually from the export file.

The actual requests:

1. Add an option to export of folders, in both the webclient as well as the desktop client
  2. Add an option to export selected items in the webclient
  3. Allow selecting multiple options in the desktop client for export

Why do you combine your personal vault with customers?

I like to use KeePassXC database for each customer and store their unique password in Bitwarden. Its even easier this way to send them their passwords as the KeePassXC database is encrypted.

I have used some Keepass-versions about 10 years ago. Didn’t like it too much. Then I settled with 1Password. Due to the recent licensing scheme change of 1Password I recently switched to Bitwarden.

I do keep the passwords I use for customer sites etc. in the same vault. I don’t do any sharing with them as of yet, but one client is about to decide to start using Bitwarden themselves as well - maybe we can start to share passwords using an organizatino then.
Using a different KeePass database is way too cumbersome. I prefer a single solution using my personal vault, containing only business accounts. My personal stuff is in a separate organization called ‘family’, shared with my wife.

Hopefully this explains why I need to be able to export separate folders.

I’m used to having this feature in KeePass, so I’d like to see it too. Export to KDBX would be nice too.

I wish that there was a feature in Bitwarden where we could only export exactly the entries or folders we wanted to export instead of having to export the whole vault and then having to edit it manually.

Please vote for this feature so that we can get this done ASAP.

Please read more details here:

Now…how do I vote for this topic?
NOTE…OK…figured out how to vote.

Thanks all…

Hi
If we could export the vault content but filtered by folder or type instead of all the vault.

Avantage :
Lighter and smaller file to export.
easier to manage

Why :
In my transition between lastpass to bitwarden, the CSV format form lastpass is limited to 1000 entry, but I have much much more entry (due to a mistake when importing vault from Chrome from a test computer with way to many network ip adress save).

In the end, less entry mean reduce risk of bad entry

Added vote as well.

Occasionally, I need to export a folder or folders that are specific to an organization. It would be helpful to able to export just that data versus having the entire vault then cleaning up the file as that can be time consuming and will get more so with time as the rest of my vault expands.

1 Like

This just bit me in the hind end. I needed to export all work related creds, but couldn’t without exporting my entire vault!

This is really a good idea. We also need this feature. I think there is a similar request here: Export folders

this is a very good idea - there is a similar request here: Ability to export only selected folders or entries instead of the whole vault - #3 by RobertAshpool