✅ Emergency access

See also Bounty program where this general approach was already proposed.

The hardest part of doing this will be figuring out exactly what the implementation of the feature looks like, and describing that clearly in the bounty. If we can figure that out, the proposed implementation will be deemed favourable by a large chunk of the 395 users who have voted for this feature so far, and then we have a chance of getting enough people to contribute to the bounty pot to make it worthwhile for one or more developers to implement it.

I have quite a lot of experience in writing technical acceptance criteria for new features, so I could potentially volunteer to write this and submit it as a bounty which then others could pledge money towards. However I don’t yet have a clear picture of how everyone would want this feature to work. As this long thread already shows, there are several ideas, and maybe they are not all mutually compatible.

So the challenge is figuring out what would be the lowest hanging fruit which would at least partially please a lot of people. Thoughts on this are very welcome!