Edit default options for new vault entry password generator

So, I feel like this has probably been asked already, but I couldn’t find anything about it on here. Is there currently a way to edit what the default settings are in the password generator as I’m creating a new entry? If you use the password generator in the tools menu, it lets you edit length, what you want in the password, etc. I cannot find anyway to change those settings though if I try to make a password as I’m creating a new vault entry. Is there a way to do that, or is it I have to go the password generator, make it over there, and then copy it over?

Hello @BriMan83 - welcome to the community forums!

The answer to your question depends on which Bitwarden app/client you are using. If you are using the desktop app, mobile app, or web browser extension, yes, you are presented with the options to change the password generator settings. However, this is not available if you access Bitwarden via the web vault - I am not sure why this is the case, but I suspect it is because most people only use the web vault for managing their account and they find the apps/browser extensions to be much handier for adding new entries.

Regarding whether you can generate a new password in the generator and then copy and paste it into a new entry, yes, that is a very good alternate method when using the web vault interface. Cheers!