I’m a new user and have imported logins from several browsers and my old password manager. My vault now contains a ton of duplicate entries. It would be great to have a way to show these duplicate entries and choose one to keep (by hand or by “most recent”), rather than having to go through each manually.
Hm! This would be useful to spot reused passwords too. My idea for this would be to allow us to search for duplicates with 2 main options:
- check by password
- check by domain (utilising newly added Equivalent Domains functionality)
Difficult part in my eyes is allowing users to easily deal with duplicates. Lastpass was meh, I just amended each entry manually and rerun security check over and over again… In order to deal with duplicates I would like to see:
- Link to open website and ideally somehow use credentials from entry I just clicked. This will help me quickly go through old credentials and find ones that are no longer valid
- Quick multiselect, ideally by drawing rectangles with my mouse (not on mobile), so I don’t have to click every. single. checkbox. Also: select all, so I can select all and deselect one duplicate that stays.
- Mass delete
- Only valid when password is a duplicate, select 2 or more items and merge them. Items merged should have unique URI added/moved to merged entry. I have concerns about this one, it could be a bit problematic because username might be different, and could cause problems with notes, custom fields etc. But my brain likes the idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Sorting as @JeremyForTheWin mentioned, most recent, but also alphabetically.
- Show enough amount of data to make meaningful decision quickly (it’s fluff and UX, but important thing to consider, this is what Lastpass did wrong with their security check, IMO).
Remove duplicate entries
Is this feature request abandoned\discarded?
I hope not, its sorely needed.
+1 for this one, I have almost 2000 entries, many of which are duplicates.
I would definitely go premium for my business in case this feature is implemented. It’s really painful to import data.
This is a highly anticipated feature, once implemented this will rule the password manager industry. Any way just started using this product and just love it.