Drag and drop functionality

This option is only available on the BitWarden web site. Not the app. Not the browser plug in. You must log into the main BitWarden web site and enter your vault that way. You will see the option there.

1. Guys, I hope to help in some way.
  2. There are several javascript libraries that have a drag and drop feature. For example, there is the library https://interactjs.io/
  3. Interactjs has a drag and drop feature already implemented, so if you guys find it interesting you can use
  4. I don’t know if this implementation or feature will not be developed from scratch, anyway, I’m referring to interactjs to facilitate the drag and drop implementation.
  5. This post is not a disclosure of the interactjs library, it’s just an indication of a javascript library that has the necessary feature you need i.e. the drag and drop feature.
  6. Interactjs is open source under the Mit license.

Hi @anon15241427, is this implementation something you are interested in contributing to? You can check out our Github Contributions forum category here.

2 Likes

## Feature name
Drag and Drop attachments to a specific record in the desktop app

Feature function

- What will this feature do differently? Drag and drop from file explorer files to add as attachments. Drag and drop files from file explorer to the desktop app to a specific record/login/secure note that you want to add a document or multiple documents to.

- What benefits will this feature bring? Keeper has this and it was a very convenient way to quickly add 1 or more files to a record as attachments. The current interface where you click attachment and then have to view the popup file explorer is very old school and not convenient. Adding more than one document at a time would be a great feature.

1 Like

Hi,
we don’t need this feature for folders (we do not use folders) but we want this feature for any entry currently in editing state. If an entry is in editing, drag&drop (multiple) files onto it should simply upload and attach it to the current edited entry. Urgently needed for our “enterprise” team :wink:
And we only need this in Desktop App. Browser can easily support this too, but doesn’t matter for us.

This is hard to understand. It sounds like a completely separate issue anyway.

You do not use folders. You then describe issues you have with folders. When you say ‘editing’ an entry. Do you mean you want new entries as you’re editing them to show up in a particular folder? Or do you want existing ones to move from whatever folder (that you don’t use) they’re in, to an ‘editing’ folder of sorts, and then back to their original folder? Or something else?

The original topic, which sounds very different from what you want, has hundreds of votes and was opened several years ago. I don’t think either of these things will be added any time soon especially when your request is buried in the comments section.

Drag and Drop Functionality

It would be really useful to allow users to drag and drop items into folders, instead of having to edit each item individually and set a folder. Also, allowing the user to select multiple items, and then drag and drop would be a big help. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can’t believe this “Feature” ist not implemented during the last years. Today EVERY program has D&D and multiselection for organise and handle the content. The lack of these function stops me since years from moving to bitwarden, because this makes it nearly impossible to manage and organise my >1500 items after import. Very very sad for such a promising software :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey @karl007 thanks for the feedback, multi-select is coming for organization vaults, currently if items are imported into individual collection, you can bulk select and move to collections from there.