Drag and drop functionality

Drag&Drop would be a blast! Please add this, it’s much faster. Also make sure you add the same for collections. Currently no way to do easy manipulations in Organizations.

1 Like

Whee are you seeing this?

Web app and desktop app.

1 Like

Heck yeah, this is a +1. I’m amazed this important feature doesn’t already exist.

2 Likes

Come on please … when you got more then 200 accounts to order, then having to open each one for editing in order to organize the registered accounts becomes more than a feature, it becomes a walk-away function if it’s not present.

1 Like

Guys I AM SO SURPRISED IT DOES NOT EXIST.
please implement it

1 Like

+1, would love to see drag and drop implemented.
But seriously guys, “walk-away” function that you are “surprised” it’s not yet implemented? Bitwarden is a free and most importantly open source alternative to all that commercial crap that’s out there, don’t “pretend”, just “ask” :wink:

1 Like

I have a TON of imported passwords and sorting them properly is going to take a considerable amount of time without drag and drop or something to help such as right-click move -> {fold list}

1 Like

Hey, i’m quite new on BW, and I was surprised that’s something so common in the UX/UI, like drag and drop is not implemented in the tool. +1 for this feature request

2 Likes

The webui (vault.bitwarden.com) supports at least selecting multiple entries via checkbox and moving them all together in another folder. But a real drag and drop feature would be really nice!

2 Likes

Multi-selection is a first step, but when you have multiple destination to make, the drag and drop is priceless.
Please, wait for it for our Entreprise account.

2 Likes

Drag and drop is always nice.

1 Like

Converted yesterday from Lastpass and all is very good apart from this little annoyance. Just wonder what it takes to get a pretty simple function to be implemented since this thread has been alive for nearly three years.
Looking forward to see this function.

It would be nice to simply drag logins and other items into appropriate folders versus going into each and assigning it there.

1 Like

@Christopher_Williams I really like this idea, and feel it would be a great improvement for BitWarden! +1

Yep, this would be a great feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

This a very useful and a must have in Desktop and web clients, also It would be good to have the ability to re-organize the folder tree, dragging folder up and down, so that Must used folders stay on top and least used remain below, currently Folders are ordered according to creation date.any plans on it @tgreer ?

1 Like

Not on the immediate dev schedule, but definitely noted!

2 Likes

Drag & Drop Items into Folders

• I just downloaded BitWarden and I am in the process of populating it for the first time. I’m doing it manually to clean up my repository. I’m finding that from within the Mac app, I cannot drag and drop entries from the “No Folder” folder into one of my other folders. I’m forced to edit the entry and select the folder there. I wish I was able to drag the entry and drop it into one of the folders in the left-side navigation panel.
1 Like

@bast Welcome to the Bitwarden Community!

Are these what you are asking for?

@tgreer Maybe you can merge these duplicate threads.

1 Like