Does password generator check if the generated password is used in a different item in the vault?

This is a question rather, however, if it is not implemented, I’d like to see it implemented.

Does password generator check if the generated password is used in a different item in the vault?

When I need a new password for anything, I generate it using Bitwarden. I do this (primarily) because I want a unique password for each and every account (or whatever else).

I know this might slow down the password generation, therefore we might want to add an option to toggle it.

A 31 character password using a 95 character space (all 4 types of characters), creates a password space of: 2.06 x 10^61.

This would essentially mean that if everyone on the planet generated a password every minute, it would be unlikely to have two the same in 100 thousand centuries. If you generated a thousand passwords a second, I don’t think you’d get a hit in the lifetime of our galaxy. The inability to generate the password again by brute force, (or randomly), is what makes it secure.

It is not something to be concerned about.

A 31 character password using a 95 character space (all 4 types of characters), creates a password space of: 2.06 x 10^61.

[…] The inability to generate the password again by brute force, (or randomly), is what makes it secure.

I didn’t say anything about encryption nor security.

I talked about a possibility of generating the same password for different account in my vault. Note that I haven’t checked he generator’s code, however IMHO, it is possible to generatet the same password if the generator won’t check other passwords in the vault.