Deploy self hosted server URL to multiple devices

We’re working on a self-hosted solution about to look at deploying the Bitwarden client to a fleet of ~800 Macs and a handful of Windows and Linux devices - is there anyway to push the self-hosted server URL out to these devices (i.e. by editing a preference file or something similar) to avoid trusting our users to enter it correctly?

Thanks

John

Hi @JohnS! Welcome!

Are you leveraging any MDM / Deployment software today? Also, are you interested in deploying the desktop app or the Chrome extension?

Hey @tgreer,

For the Apple stuff we’re using Jamf as our MDM platform but don’t have anything in place for Window or Linux but that’s not a biggie as they only account for around 25 devices in total.

In terms of deployment we’ll certainly be looking at the desktop app but suspect the Chrome extension may also be in scope.

Thanks

John

Thanks for clarifying, @JohnS!

Our CS team can help with Jamf for the desktop apps for sure and can offer some best practices around the chrome extension as well - I’d definitely reach out via https://bitwarden.com/contact - we’re here to help (and they work 24/7, unlike me :grimacing: )