CSV from KeePassXC only partially imported

Hi, today I tried to export my existing password collection from KeePassXC and then import it into Bitwarden. To do this, I exported my list of passwords as a CSV file and imported it when via the web version of Bitwarden. Since KeePassXC is not in the list of supported applications, I selected KeePassX and then uploaded the file.

The import process itself works properly. However, I noticed afterwards that only relatively few of my passwords were actually imported. Although Bitwarden creates all the folders that exist in my KeePassXC database, only a few of them are actually populated with entries. I cannot identify a pattern by which a password gets imported or not. In the CSV file, all entries are correctly present.

Does anyone have experience with this issue or can give me a hint on how to import my passwords from KeePassXC to Bitwarden?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
You can condition a bitwarden csv file or json file which will ensure all your passwords are imported into Bitwarden. For more information, please visit Condition a Bitwarden .csv or .json | Bitwarden Help & Support
Just copy and paste the values into the respective fields.

1 Like

I was able to identify the problem: Bitwarden was not able to import those password entries from KeePassXC that had an empty string ("") as the name value.

For fixing this issue I had to replace all empty name values with something. I decided to do some regex stuff and set the names which were empty to the URL value of the entry.

2 Likes