Crash at opening

Sure, corrupt memory, that doesn’t affect anything but BitWarden, even when reinstalled completely
I’ve recognized that the problem can be device based. My point was that it’s not a reason for the framework to not improve to overlook the devices configurations problems. Like, maybe a device only use a legacy network system and it’s sometimes laggy at receiving packets. You can have two behaviour here: Saying that my device use a weird system and it’s buggy so I should renew all my hardware for your app. Or you can acknowledge that 99% of my other apps overlooks that problem with a robust framework who doesn’t crash at any bad packet received, so my experience is flawless, just maybe 300ms late because of my packet receiving problem

Here it’s the same, my phone has maybe a behaviour that BitWarden framework doesn’t like, but that’s because this framework is not robust. A lot of other apps use secured protocols over my phone and works flawlessly because more stable, less subject to crash at any bad return from my phone. So no, we shouldn’t throw away a %age of phone produced over the world just because they behave in a way that stress out your young framework

Good practice here should be to read crash log to see what module of the app stressed out, why, and to recode for the main thread of the app to not panic when that happen, and better report the problem to the dev, or maybe reinitialize the thread to retry (instead of myself reopening the app because it crashed out). Idk, there’s many ways to skin a cat

I prefer a “Initialization has failed, touch screen to retry” instead of a plain crash, needing me to waste 25 seconds per try at redoing all the Bitwarden > Password > Unlock > Search > Keywords > Item > View > Show password again

You say that I’m the only one, but you’re supposed to know that for one report, theres maybe 500 users experiencing the problem without reporting it. I’m just the only one willing to report. And this problem will grow out as your user base grow aswell. Only true way to know is to monitor crash. But an app crashing isn’t capable of much. And considering that for now the app prefer to crash instead of giving up the task and prompting an error, we’re far from being able to do such monitoring to know the real user experience overall