Combination of keys to lock vault and any browser extension

Hi,
I was wondering if in Windows there is a way to lock vault and browser extension all with one key combination.
For example, if I had to briefly let someone else access my computer (say, an IT technician), I would like to press a sort of CTRL+Shift+L combination and immediately lock vault and extensions.
Is that possible? Or do I have do lock each thingy individually?
Thank you!

Hi @Tatolino and welcome to the community.

To lock the browser extension you can use Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+N to lock your vault.

For further information, please have a look here

Regards
Daniel

1 Like

Thank you.
Is there any way to lock BOTH the extensions AND the Windows app at the same time? Like I’m in the middle of something, pdf open on the screen, I need to let someone else in front of my screen for a minute: is there a shortcut I can use to immediately lock down every Bitwarden app or extension’s vault?
And anyway I don’t seem to be able to lock the extension by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N.
I use W11 and Firefox, Bitwarden Windows App and Firefox Extension.

Hi @djsmith85
sorry to bother you again, do you know if there’s a shortcut to lock vault of both Windows app and browser extension? Some sort of emergency lock down shortcut?
thank you in advance

Hi @Tatolino,

no worries. As far as I can tell, there is currently no shortcut, to lock both of them at the same time.

A possible workaround if you are using Chrome: Set the desktop and browser’s vaultTimeout to On system lock. This would lock both vaults with Win+L, but would obviously mean you’d need to log back into your system after the lock, to let the IT technician work on your system.

Please have a look in the Feature request section and if there is a request, add a vote and if not, please create one, so others can vote on it.

In regards to Ctrl+Shift+N you might need to open the Firefox settings to manage the keyboard shortcuts as described here which is also linked in the article I posted before.

Regards,
Daniel

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea at all, I did not think of it!
Thank you, really.
And sure, I’ll have a look around the Feature Request section and see if someone else had the same need.
Thanks again.

1 Like