Change URI Match Rule setting to Multiple/Selected Items or collections

Feature name

Change URI Match Rule setting to Multiple/Selected Items

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    Add a way to set the URI match rules to multiple/selected items, in addition to applying per item.
  • What benefits will this feature bring?
    Allows bulk changing of rules, but in particular, will also facilitate at least a stop gap measure to the lack of an “archive” type feature by allowing us to disable the matching rule on multiple items. It’s just a massive hassle right now, though do-able.

Related topics + references

• Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature?
    All the request for archive functionality (which is what I was initially looking for)
  • Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful?
    Other PW managers do have this, from what I understand, though I don’t know which specifically, off hand.

Something like this?

See: SettingsOptions

No. I need to apply it to like 80 items. I want to be able to select them all and apply the setting, not do it one at a time. Hence the “Multiple/Selected Items” part. But I don’t want to apply it to all items either, so setting the default isn’t good either.

So consider the scenario:
You have a bunch of items saved as part of an identity that you invalidate all at once. You wish to retain them for the “just in case” situation, but you don’t want them to actively show up as fill options. You can go through them one at a time, it’s just a hassle. To be fair, this isn’t a corner case, but it is probably an infrequent one. But I proposed it as an alternative to a full “archive” feature, because I’m guessing that the addition is relatively minor from a code implementation perspective- you’re just having to apply a change across multiple items, but not changing any other existing functionality or really adding anything new, just adding a mechanism to apply a thing that you can already do, to multiple designated items in a single go.

1 Like

That would be super useful or at least if there could be a way to export all settings into something like json and modify with search and replace.

Feature name

Policy to set URL match detection option base on bitwarden collections or URL base domain

Feature function

In organizations, hundreds of systems may share single internal base domain. It is very useful to have tools to force or default URL match detection option to host on these systems without interference normal websites.
Base on my experience, either an bitwarden collections wide option to force the option in specific collection or base domain based policy like lastpass will do the work.