Browser extension: remember "add a login" form

Hi.

When I register on a website, before saving the registration form, I click the extension icon, click “add a login”, paste the generated password from my clipboard… And then I have to TYPE my username because if I close the window, I lose everything I have entered. If I pop out the extension before “add[ing] a login”, it’s the URL that doesn’t get filled in automatically.

Is there a way for the extension to REMEMBER that I was typing something instead of trashing everything when I close it?
I have looked in the options but there is nothing of the sort.

I know I can save the login without a username before closing the (extension) window, and then edit it after I copied my username into my clipboard, but I really don’t find this intuitive.
What do you think, should I change my habits or open a feature request?

Camus

@Camusensei - it sounds like you may be doing a similar approach, but our recommended path is to create the login before registering, and allow autofill to populate the fields.

However, you’re not alone with feedback on saving the state of the popout window, which is something we’re evaluating:

1 Like

Good idea, but I sometimes hit the following limitation in those cases:
Username/password refused because of not authorized characters.
I guess it’s easier to change them when the login already exists so it’s alright.

But for new users (I’m presenting bitwarden to some acquaintances), it’s still not intuitive.

Still it’s a good idea and I will definitely try it myself, as well as hope the existing feature request gets implemented someday.

Thank you.

1 Like

One way around this is to pop Bitwarden out into its own window using the little arrow icon at the top left of the extension.

2 Likes

As I said, if I pop out the extension before “add[ing] a login”, it’s the URL that doesn’t get filled in automatically.