Bitwarden won't retain vault timeout and password generator settings in Firefox

Hi, apologies if this has been addressed before, but I couldn’t find anything when I looked.

I’m hoping that someone here can help, as Bitwarden support seem unable to.

I’ve used Bitwarden for several years now. Lately, my settings for the above keep defaulting to 15 minutes for the timeout and 14 characters for the password generator. I’ve deleted the Bitwarden Firefox extension, but this continues to happen.

No such problems using Chrome, but I’d really like to fix this as Firefox is my preferred browser.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hmmm, I wonder if this has anything to do with manifest v3 and secure storage @cscharf?

manifest V3 for chromium won’t apply to FF (and is still in beta); the fix for that should also happen to resolve the issues with FF in private browsing mode, however that isn’t likely the issue here.

Those settings are stored in the user’s secure storage, so as long as that is not getting cleared out or there’s not a failure in writing to the same, it should work.

@ega95jch, can you try inspecting the pop-up in FF and watching the console for any hard-failures or errors when changing that setting in the extension?

Thanks for this, but this is beyond my current computer abilities. I can open the browser console and see an error message. Should I copy and paste this?

Yes, that would be great, thanks!

Hi, hope this helps!

SearchSettings: get: No settings file exists, new profile?
Object { operation: “open”, path: “C:\Users\ega95\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\q9nibgr6.default-release-1610469562452\search.json.mozlz4”, winLastError: 2, stack: “”, fileName: “(unknown module)”, lineNumber: undefined }

Anyone? Please?