Bitwarden Roadmap

What is item sharing about in the roadmap? I’ve been seriously missing the ability to share and unshare credentials without having to duplicate them or create security issues. Is this going to fix it? Depending on that I might consider continuing my subscription.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything about improving the mobile app such as filling in address and CC fields. Any idea when that might be added? As it stands the mobile app is limited.

status update on referrals?

@klonk - scroll to the top and view the roadmap. It is mentioned there.

1 Like

Can we get an update on progress? Especially overlay popup and additional item types are important ones (at least for me :slight_smile: )

Also, is it possible to get some clarification on feature requests and votes? I mean, how many votes do you need to put a feature request to be implemented, and when?

2 Likes

As far as I know I do not believe there is a specific threshold for a feature request.

Often times there may be multiple similar requests, though mods do try to merge them as they come up. I believe it is more so looked at by popularity from the community with votes, and feasibility and timelines for implementation being a strong factor.

2 Likes

Hi @Naxterra, the image at the top of the thread outlines our 2022 roadmap. We will provide updates throughout the year as information becomes available :slight_smile:

Adding new features to Bitwarden is based on addressing the varied needs of our audience, from individuals and families, teams and enterprise, and MSPs/Resellers.

Although there is no specific voting threshold to guarantee that a feature gets implemented, we have implemented many community suggestions over the years, and will continue to do so.

Bitwarden is also open source, and community members are welcome to contribute code (see the Github Contributions category for guidelines).

3 Likes

Hi @dwbit for your 2022 roadmap you included “Additional Item Types” can you please tell me if this also includes “reference fields” as requested here

1 Like

Hi @angrycuban13, and thanks for the question! ‘Additional Item Types’ on the roadmap refers to expanding the types of vault items, and is not related to linking entries together.

1 Like

Thanks for the respose, really looking forward to linking entries together whenever you guys get around to it

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Use other database than MSSQL

The Bitwarden team has no intention of implementing the popup overlay feature.

• The community has originally requested this feature +6 years ago;
  • When this new forum got implemented, the request was reposted;
  • Bitwarden team members keep on stating the feature is on the backlog;
  • When back in 2020/2021 LastPass members migrated to Bitwarden, it was confirmed that in 2021 it would be an active item after lots of input from the community and that it would be put on the roadmap for 2021 delivery;
  • End of 2021 nothing happened, it no longer was an active item and it actually got removed once again from the roadmap;
  • Around 2021 a community contributions that showcased this feature in working state was ignored and never picked up by the Bitwarden team;
  • Now its 2022. And we are back to it being an item that is not even on the roadmap. And now all of a sudden first ‘research’ needs to be done because of potential performance issues?

Basically what can be observed is that nothing is being done for ‘years’. And even actual community contributions are not being picked up. Meanwhile, this feature has currently over 757 community votes. Bitwarden team is essentially just holding a carrot in front of its user, instead of just stating that this feature has zero priority.

13 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @aex351 the team is continuing to investigate this feature and the security implications that it creates, in a way that maintains the Bitwarden experience.

4 Likes

I agree with this, I feel like using LastPass for free but being charge 10$ for nothing new

I have to stress out how important the “popup overlay” feature is.
Everytime I want to show bitwarden to someone, this comes out as a dealbreaker.
It just makes the user experience so much simpler and so much more in-line of what we expect to see when using a password manager. Not having it just adds more friction and not everyone has there hands on the keyboard to use the shortcut.

Please make it happen. If it really is a security risk, make it optional and disabled by default.
Thanks

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Access to Organizations?

This doesn’t even have to be an auto fill. What is the difference with putting an auto fill icon on the user name field, vs right clicking and selecting auto fill. With an icon on the user name field it’s one click and then it auto fills. The other way it’s 4 clicks, right click, left click 3x’s for Bitwarden to auto fill.

4 Likes

Can we get an actual timeline to implement the popup overlay feature? As a tech founder myself I’m scratching my head as to why this isn’t at the top of your queue.

4 Likes

Just to add some balance, I have no interest in this feature and would switch it off if it was an option. I’m sure I’m not the only one. I understand that a lot of people on here would like to see it implemented, but users of this community are a tiny proportion of the user base. The BW team are quite open about what’s in the pipeline and there’s a high-level roadmap. There are many other features and enhancements being requested and worked on. Personally, I’d like to see additional item types next.

6 Likes

100% agree. I use autofill constantly and that feature would have no use to me. Now additional item types is something I definitely would use immediately.

4 Likes