Bitwarden Roadmap

Glad to see this finally coming through!

The Bitwarden Directory Connector could now be a service account with just Manage Users and Groups access! :+1:

1. Would it be possible to group these ‘Custom Roles’ together and add it as a named Custom ‘User Type’ on a per installation/organization basis? Just like User, Manager, Admin and Owner
  2. When giving ‘Access Event Logs’ permission, would it be for the whole organisation or just the collections that the user has access to?
  3. Possible to assign ‘Custom Roles’/Custom ‘User Type’ on a per Group basis?

Thanks

Q1 2021 is shaping up to be a big one.

Personally, I’d like to see higher priority for a UI/UX refresh. The current design is pretty outdated now, and with the influx of new users, I’d think improving the onboarding experience would be a good idea.

8 Likes

Hey Trey @tgreer. I just wrote up a new feature request for keeping a history of Secure Note edits. I feel like this is a pretty critical item, especially with so many people storing keys and passwords in notes (where there is no login involved). The things about passwords, keys or sensitive codes stored in notes, is that if an unintended change is made, there’s just no way to roll back, and you could lose access to critical systems with no recovery available. I’m sure there are many more use cases for notes history as well. Something to consider for both enterprise and individual purposes. Thanks for listening!

3 Likes

There is a feature request for that.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m considering migration from Keypass to Bitwarden, but the Offline management feature is a deal breaker to me. This feature request has existed since 2018. Any ideas on when this will be implemented. Thank you for the consideration.

Link to feature request:

1 Like

@tgreer Hello Trey - sorry to sound like a cracked record but any news on FIDO U2F on Android? I am still using LastPass and I’d really like to swap over to BW but will not do so until we have U2F.

(I know LP doesn’t have it either, but they do have device whitelisting and other measures which mitigate against the potential risks of OTP to some extent.)

1 Like

Bitwarden on Crowdcast

8 Likes

I was just reading about U2F and webauthn on Android. Even Google is having issues that has forced Firefox to make exclusions for Google. Forcing google.com to use a cobbled together partial implementation of U2F instead of webauthn so people can use their security keys on U2F only android.

1. Many android systems don’t support webauthn, only U2F. Blame manufacturers.
  2. A device registered via webauthn cannot be validated from U2F device. If you register your security key on your desktop via webauthn, then try to authenticate on your android device with U2F, it won’t work
  3. U2F technically isn’t even a spec. It’s a PoC custom library Google made that morphed into webauthn. Like QUIC into HTTP3. Because of this, U2F is not officially supported because it’s not a spec to be “officially” anything.
  4. Google can’t change android to use webauthn until enough people have switched to newer devices that will actually support it

It’s a horrible catch-22 that would force many people to upgrade.

Technically webauthn wasn’t even released until mid 2019 and is moving quickly for a new spec. It is possible my information is old or incomplete.

I am not sure the state of U2F/webauthn on Android, but let me just say that I purchased a Samsung S21 and my yubikey 5 NFC worked to sign in my Google account on the phone, but not my Google account on Google Play. Some webauthn issues.

1 Like

Sounds like a Samsung bug. I have Google Advanced Protection Program and U2F working perfectly on my Sony Xperia 1 & Yubikey.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Saving new sites issue

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but please can we have some formal statement on U2F on Android availability?

When I first asked, this was due to be available late 2020. Then when it did not arrive, we were told it would be early Q1.

We are now coming to the end of Q1 and there has been no news for months. I am waiting to switch over from LastPass and have been waiting for quite a while now!

Please can someone from BW tell us when we can expect U2F support on Android?

Thanks

I just discovered the new roadmap.

I don’t see anything about this improvement of encrypted export.

Do you know if it’s scheduled ? Or at least will be scheduled in the future ?

1 Like

It hasn’t escaped our to-do list :slight_smile:

@tgreer : Is that a reply to me? Or to “TiTwo102”. If the latter, are you simply ignoring my posts because I have asked the question about U2F on Android 3 or 4 times over the last 3 months and not received any replies at all.

Neither of the items has been removed from our to-do list. U2F for all clients is in progress, but no ETA on availability yet.

Thanks for the update!

When Gift Cards will be available to purchase via the Bitwarden website?

I love the ability to hide the icon counter ( in the browser as mentioned.)
Also the first one, which says Re-prompt for Master Password for some items. I have a question about it.

Those “some items” are only defined by the user itself, is that right?

I have the same question. Any answer?