Bitwarden on Firefox for Android - Constantly Having to Unlock

Hi, there! I’ve been using the Bitwarden Add-on for Firefox on Android for a long time now. Recently, I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and have also added Firefox for Android and the Bitwarden add-on to Firefox. My problem is everytime I want to use Bitwarden I have to UNLOCK it with my Master PW. I didn’t have to do this on my other Samsung tablet and still don’t. Is there any way I can change this so that I don’t have to unlock it each time? Many thanks for the replies.

Hello @BlackSheep7,
I guess the feature you are looking for is under Settings>Tresor-Timeout.

Cheers

I don’t think it’s a Firefox issue as I see the same behaviour in other browsers and in the BW app itself on Android. It doesn’t seem to be honouring the timeout settings. I even changed it to “never” as a test and it still locks. I’m on a Pixel 3 XL.

Weird, but I don’t see “Tresor-Timeout.” What I did find was “Vault Timeout,” and changed that to “Never.” Works great now!

I changed the “Vault Timeout” to “Never” and it now works for me.

1 Like

BlackSheep7,

Except NOW your vault is always open for any bad actor that would ever get into your Android remotely.

That is unless you are saying that now the PIN to unlock is now working for you?

Never had a PIN. I just hated the fact that I had to put in my Master PW every time I needed to use one of my PWs for other sites. Never had a problem with bad actors getting into my Android, either.

I agree - the answer shouldn’t be to set the vault to never time out. It seems that the Android version of the Firefox add-on is not keeping time correctly. It is locking the vault pretty much any time you navigate between different Firefox windows. This needs to be fixed.