Bitwarden not working any more after update to 1.32.0

Hi all,

I hope someone can give me a hint here.
The update via bitwarden.sh updateself/update seemed to go well with no errors. All containers are up and running (not restarting) and manually restarting them does not resolve the issue.

When I visit the /admin page it’s blank (worked before, that’s where I saw that an update is availble).

Trying to log into the web portal, I get an unhandled server error. Browser console reveals "error 500, /api/accounts/prelogin). The api itself seems to be working, e.g. /api/version returns 1.32.0)

I cannot find any errors in the logs (api, admin) or docker logs… but I am also not sure what to look out for :frowning:

Hope anyone can help!

I found that the bitwarden-identiy container is restarting over and over again, the logs under “logs\identity” do not show any error.
When checking the logs in Docker, the following message is repeatedly posted:

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: certificate
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.IdentityServerBuilderExtensionsCrypto.AddSigningCredential(IIdentityServerBuilder builder, X509Certificate2 certificate)
   at Bit.Core.Utilities.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddCustomIdentityServerServices(IServiceCollection services, IHostingEnvironment env, GlobalSettings globalSettings) in /home/appveyor/projects/server/src/Core/Utilities/ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 342
   at Bit.Identity.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in /home/appveyor/projects/server/src/Identity/Startup.cs:line 61
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostBuilder.Build()
   at Bit.Identity.Program.Main(String[] args) in /home/appveyor/projects/server/src/Identity/Program.cs:line 13

Any idea how to fix this?

Should have searched Github first :slight_smile:

Following the steps now to downgrade Docker on my Synology.

Confirmed working. Phew…!