Bitwarden error with biometrics unlock on safari extension on MBA M1. Says I have different accounts on desktop and browser extension

Hi there!
I’m using a Macbook air M1 chip running MacOS Monterey and just installed the latest bitwarden app from the mac appstore. After logging into my account in the app and enabling the unlock with biometrics option (touch id) it works just fine.
When using the safari extension that came along with the app download, after logging in there as well and enabling the unlock with touch id option it works fine for the fist time, but after closing the browser and opening it again when I try to unlock it using biometrics I see this error message and I don’t understand why. Can please anyone help me with this? BTW I don’t have two Bitwarden accounts, I’m just logged in with the same and only account I have on both the desktop app and the safari extension.
I just don’t know what to do, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried to uncheck every biometrics option on both the app and the extension, reboot the Mac and then check those options again on the app first and then on the extension but no luck, Bitwarden apparently thinks I still have two different accounts. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.