Bitwarden desktop on mac spinning without loading

Note: Your question may already be answered in the Bitwarden Help Center.

bitwarden desktop on my intel macbook pro has been

1. spinning wheel which never ends (looks like trying to sync but never ends)
  2. when i select favorites or some folder on the left, it shows the data but the folders are never populated

I have tried:

1. clear the app cache from ~/library/cache
  2. PRAM reset
  3. SMC reset
  4. Change the DNS provider from google to opendns

so far nothing has helped and i do not have this issue on my other MAC.
any suggestions?

Did you ever find a fix to this. I am in the same boat.

Hi @jmarkcoy, have you tried reinstalling Bitwarden for desktop? Can you confirm the version number?

I have, multiple times. Even reinstalled the OS (and Safari). When uninstalling I also used an AppClean to remove related folders etc. My current Version number is 1.31.3 (2320).

Background: BW extension on Safari was running fine, but the desktop app was giving me an error every time I tried to log-in (it was a simple like “unknown error” or something, not that the PW was wrong). After this happened for a few months I finally got tired of it and tried to uninstall and reinstall the desktop app and renable the extension. The desktop app now lets me log in without a problem, but the extension just spins.

Also, when I re-installed the desktop app, the extension didnt take me through the regular “permissions” etc. questions like it does during the extension reactivation.

I am literally getting a screen similar to this github issue; however, I do not have the folder they are discussing that helped fix.