Autofill usernames more easily

Bitwarden autofill only recognizes password fields on login forms. It doesn’t recognize username fields.

This means that: for 75% of the websites I visit on my phone, Bitwarden will only show the autofill flag when I first tap the password field and then the username field.
Some sites: I tap the password field, then the autofill flag, then select the right login and it fills in both username and password correctly.
Most sites: it only fills in the password field, not the username field and I have to tap on the username field again.

I want: Bitwarden to automatically fill in the username into the username field and then SECONDLY move to the next password field and fill that in.

Bitwarden autofill only recognizes password fields on login forms. It doesn’t recognize username fields.

This means that: for 75% of the websites I visit on my phone, Bitwarden will only show the autofill flag when I first tap the password field and then the username field.
Some sites: I tap the password field, then the autofill flag, then select the right login and it fills in both username and password correctly.
Most sites: it only fills in the password field, not the username field and I have to tap on the username field again.

I want: Bitwarden to automatically fill in the username into the username field and then SECONDLY move to the next password field and fill that in.

How to do:
Bitwarden recognizes every form field on a mobile website as a username field if:
-the text field has the length of only 1 line (like all login forms)
-the text field is placed in the vicinity of a password field, i.e. in front of a password field
-The user has this setting enabled

How to make this SUPER smooth:
-Take the first login that is saved for a website and fill in the username into the username field without even asking. Most of the time people use the same username or email address for every website they visit.

This is more of a bug than a feature request. I have the same issue and its quite annoying. I suspect it comes down to how the individual website it coded vs a BitWarden issue.

There is actually an open issue on GitHub that covers this and other instances where autofill isn’t behaving as expected.

Please feel free to add information to this issue to help us understand what sites and trends need attention:

I’ll close this thread as it is indeed an open area of improvement :+1: