Add option to hide passwords from general search

Hi Community … I hope helps @tgreer @abl1822 How are you guys?

1. Concept

1. If you have a keyword dictionary it is possible to hide your passwords from the search.
  2. For example, in computer networks if you do not want to allow certain Ips to access a page you have a list called blacklist, this list is a plain text list that provides a list of Ips or a range of Ips that will not access the website
  3. This blacklist is conceptually called the list of disallowed keywords…
  4. So… “Whitelist” is the list of allowed keywords and disallowed keywords is “blacklist”
  5. Search engines use a file called robots.txt that tells the browser or google crawler whether to search for certain words or not.
  6. I hope I helped
  7. Here an example: Limit search history at Bitwarden
case 1: blacklistSearchKeywordsPasswords.json
{
blacklistSearchKeywordsPasswords: [ "social1", "social2", "social3" ]
}
Notes case 1

You can’t search for things like these words as [ ‘social1’ or ‘social2’ or ‘social3’], these words preclude the search. That is, these accounts with these words are hidden from the search field

case 2: whitelistSearchKeywordsPasswords.json
{
whitelistSearchKeywordsPasswords: [ "social1", "social2", "social3" ]
}
Notes case 2:

You can only search these words as [‘facebook’ or ‘twitter’ or ‘youtube’], the rest are ignorant of the search field - passwords will not be shown

2. More notes “Options to limit password view - complete solution”

1. By allowed and not allowed keywords: “blacklist” and/or “whitelist” - Add option to hide passwords from general search
  2. Archive accounts
  3. Hide filters, fields, folders, tags - Limit Search History at Bitwarden
  4. I think we are talking about the same things, but with different points of view.
  5. References are for bibliography, I am not promoting any company, person, group or institution

3. Database rules to help

1. Feature name: Limit Search History at Bitwarden - type: “Boolean: true|false”
  2. Feature name: Add option to hide passwords from general search - type: “LONGTEXT”
  3. Feature name: Archive old-accounts - type: “Boolean: true|false”

4. What is the “Options to limit password viewing” feature?

1. You can have more security with search limiting, basically you hide filters, tags and folders by clicking ‘hide filters, tags and folders’ button - "low security level"
  2. You can archive your passwords in the ‘archive’ folder, this prevents the password from being searched - "medium security level"
  3. If you want more security, you can create a list of allowed and disallowed keywords to limit which passwords will be searched and which passwords will not be searched… - "high security level"

case 1: Add option to hide passwords from general search - options

case 1.1: Add option to hide passwords from general search - whitelist

case 1.2: Add option to hide passwords from general search - blacklist

Notes

• Blacklist/Whitelist can be called as variable allow_keyword_list or disallow_keyword_list
  • If the term is something bad, we can think of something like select option “allow keyword list” or “keyword list not allowed”

5. References

1. https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/bots/what-is-robots.txt/
  2. Blacklisting vs. Whitelisting | 2021 Guide | Consoildated Tech.
  3. Blacklist (computing) - Wikipedia
  4. https://www.esecurityplanet.com/applications/whitelisting-vs-blacklisting-which-is-better/
  5. Whitelisting vs Blacklisting: What’s the difference & why it matters.