Add current input fields character count compared to its maximum length, when editing any input field in Bitwarden apps
As a user, I would like to see a live current character count of the Bitwarden input fields text length vs its maximum length (currently 1000 ?), when creating or editing any input field in Bitwarden applications, so that I can easily meet input field length constraints imposed by Bitwardens UI/database, and of any input field of any other application.
- e.g. As the user types “foo123” into the password field, the fields counter should increase from “0/1000” to “6/1000” with each character entered.
- Should start from zero (“0/1000”) so the user can see if there are any whitespace characters in the current field
- Should prevent further input when the text length reaches the maximum length that can be saved to Bitwardens database (“1000/1000”)
- Should update the current text length when pasting or generating text
- What will this feature do differently?
Give visual feedback to users of the maximum length contraints that Bitwarden applies to any input field, and enable users to more easily work within the constraints of Bitwarden, as well as any input field of any other application.
- What benefits will this feature bring?
Enable users to more easily work within one of the most common input form field validations that exist in every application (especially password and email lengths)