Add a policy for default URI match setting

Feature name

Organization policy for specifying a preferred default URI match setting

Context

As of now, the default URI match setting in the extension is “Base domain”. Working in an IT company with several hundreds of dev/test virtual machines, each one having a host name under my company’s domain, this means that, by default, Bitwarden suggest dozens of credentials to the average developper, which is certainly overwhelming and difficult to read.

I’m aware of the possibility to individually change the default matching rule in the browser extension’s options, which works perfectly fine. However, this setting is not obvious for the average user. Despite intensive user training and internal documentation, I still find here and there users that are not happy with Bitwarden only because their extension spit out 30+ items each time they want to auto-fill something.

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    A new org policy would allow the default URI match setting to be configured to an org-wide preferred value, unless modified by the user (maybe with a “force” checkbox to prevent user changing this ?). This admin-selected preferred value can be anyone of the already existing values.

• What benefits will this feature bring?
    This will allow org admins in a similar situation as me to set up the default URI match to “Host”, making sure the extension only output the most relevant items when suggesting/autofilling. This will ease user-onboarding, in particular the less technical profiles who will not browse through options by themselves.

• Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected
    Unless I’m wrong, this policy would only affect browser extensions.